About EVA we must be know these points
EVA is prepared by copolymerization of ethylene (vinyl acetate) copolymer (also known as ethylene-vinyl acetate copolymer) from ethylene (E) and vinyl acetate (VA). The English name is: Ethylene Vinyl Acetate, abbreviated as EVA.
The polymerization method uses high pressure bulk polymerization (for plastics), solution polymerization (PVC processing aid), emulsion polymerization (binder), and suspension polymerization. The ethylene acetate (VA) content of more than 30% is emulsion polymerization, and the low vinyl acetate content is polymerized by high pressure.
EVA pellets can be produced into various types of EVA sheets
, and then the sheets are processed through various processes. For example, the stamping type can be used as a packaging liner, and the hot pressing can be made into a sole. Shenzhen Yidebao is so foamed and then processed and supplied to other customers. It can also be biodegraded, and it will not cause harm to the environment when discarded or burned. EVA materials can be used in the electronics, hardware and toy industries. Similar to PVC: EVA is more expensive than toxic PVC, but relatively cheaper than phthalate-free PVC.
EVA has the following characteristics:
1. Lighter weight: EVA has a density ranging from 0.91 to 0.93, while PVC is 1.32.
2. No odor: EVA does not contain ammonia or other organic odors.
3. Free of heavy metals: in accordance with the relevant international toy regulations (EN-71 Part 3 and ASTM-F963).
4. Phthalate-free: suitable for children's toys and does not pose a plasticizer release risk.
5. High transparency, softness and toughness: the application range is very wide.
6. Super low temperature resistance (-70C): suitable for icing environment.
7. Resistant to water, salt and other substances: It can be kept stable in large applications.
8. High heat-adhesive: It can be firmly attached to nylon, polyester, canvas and other fabrics.
9. Low bonding temperature: speeds up production.
10. Screen printing and offset printing: can be used for more delicate products (but must use EVA ink).
Hope these points could be help you well.